Sunday, November 6, 2011

A little something for the weekend ... ?

Source

I am delighted to announce that the winner of the Scribd tutorial is Bridget Straub :) Yay Bridget! Drop me an email and I will be happy to spend some time with you on Scribd.

As this Third Writers Platform-Building Campaign has now drawn to a close, I just want to express what an amazing journey it has been for me. I can't believe how many great people I have met, that I now have a critique partner and a critique group, have won prizes on two of the Challenges and have over 100 followers! I am eternally grateful to Rachael Harrie for coming up with such a fab idea and organizing it all so brilliantly. If you don't know Rachael, please take a moment to pay her wonderful blog a visit. I have to say I am exhausted though. I had no idea blogging would take up so much time!

From now on, I am going to try and post blogs on a slightly more regular basis, and I am thinking of trying to post music for the weekend. My first foray into a music blog is to showcase one of my favourite British bands, the Stereophonics. They are a Welsh rock band, originally formed in 1992 and named after the manufacturer of a record player of one of the founder's Dad's.

The main members of the band are lead vocalist and guitarist Kelly Jones (who is sex on legs with a gorgeous husky voice), bassist and backing vocalist Richard Jones, drummer Javier Weyler.

They have recorded 9 albums to date, most of which have topped the UK charts. They have yet to break the US market, so if you haven't heard of them I would thoroughly recommend you give them a listen. It was really difficult choosing some songs out of all their hits to date, but these are some of my favs. Enjoy :)

Dakota - this is the song that most reminds me of my husband as the lyrics fit and it used to be the ringtone on my phone when he rang.

Handbags and Gladrags - this is the absolute best version of this song EVER!

Maybe Tomorrow - I just love this single. So cool.

Have A Nice Day - this is not only a really happy song but is all about San Francisco and the Bay Area where I live now, so I just think this is great!>

6 comments:

  1. I miss the Campaign already, lol. I had so much fun making new friends :)

    Ok, I was just complaining that I need new music and was not impressed with some of the new albums that came out recently. Thanks for posting, I just became a fan of Sterophonics! And the singer *wink wink*

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad this Campaign is over. But, yes, Rachael always does and amazing job with it.

    Also, CONGRATS! YOU WON Hilary's THE WHITE ASSASSIN. :)

    Please email me your mailing address and I'll ship it out this week.

    Have a lovely week!
    Hugs,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kerri, glad you are a new Stereo's fan.
    Lola/Kerri - yes, I am sad the Campaign is over too, but at least I have met you all and have a moment to say hello to my family now.
    Lola - yay! Thank you - emailing now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I had never heard of them. I love that first song you posted. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, You are such a trip! I got so much out of reading your blog- it's so full-service. From the "Just be" walking meditation to the great book recommendations to the kick-ass music that I'd never heard before & love- thank you for sharing all this great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. inluvwithwords - yay - so pleased you like them.
    mbmc - wow, thank you *blushing* what kind words, and so pleased my strange mix of blogging is reaching someone. Do you blog?

    ReplyDelete